Friday, March 1, 2013

Baby Steps

Sam and I decided we would do a consultation first to meet the surgeon, to find out his plan for Kerrington and tour the hospital before scheduling her next surgery.....and buy time before actually having to schedule a date and it becoming more of a reality.  We are pretty certain that Nationwide is where  her next surgery should be but better to see for ourselves if we are able.  So I called Nationwide Children's Hospital this morning and scheduled the consultation for March 14th at 1:00. 

I took some time to sign in to our Carepage which is where I logged all of our updates from Kerrington's first surgery.  This was the first time I had logged on since 2009.  Once I logged on the first thing I saw were the verses that I relied on during that time.

Be still, and know that I am God. (Psalm 46:10)
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. (Proverbs 3:5)

Here is a post that I had written prior to her first surgery.  One of the strongest feelings I experienced in the midst of Kerrington's first surgery was the PEACE!! 

Today has been a very tough day knowing that Kerrington's surgery is getting closer and closer. My faith has been strong thanks to all the prayers and I still praise him in this storm. How hard it's going to be to hand our child over to the Lord and hope he gives her back. We don't know the will of God so I am just making the most out of every moment of time I have with Kerrington.

It was interesting to read through all the posts from her Carepage.  Looking back now I appeared to be a better advocate for her than I realized.  We have a tendency to forget, whether purposely or not, some of the difficulties during this time. 

So these are all Baby Steps..... we are working through it..... one day at a time!!



Bookmark and Share

No comments: