Monday, May 6, 2013

Preop Visit

Before I begin this post I have to tell you that I have worked to upload the aquarium pics literally ALL DAY long!!  It has proven to be difficult to do from an iPad.  So needless to say...what you see is what you get.  :)

Moving on to today's events......

Today's pre op went fairly well. The start and end were the worst. Started with a nasal swab and ended with labs.  I can say that so far I am very impressed with Nationwide Children's Hospital.  One thing I did learn today that I didn't expect to learn during a pre op visit is that Kerrington has Bronchomalacia which is defined as a congenital or acquired condition of under developed or degeneration of cartilage in the bronchi.  Still looking for a Kindergarten definition but I do know that this is the reason for all the croup and respiratory issues.

Good news is that her viral respiratory test must have came back negative because we haven't heard from the hospital and they said we would hear by 5:00 if it was positive.  This means we are a GO for surgery.  We have to be there at 6:00 a.m. with surgery beginning at 7:30 a.m.

Here are a few cute pics from today....Sam wouldn't let me take anymore.











Bookmark and Share

No comments: